Cultured marble top are beautiful. They resemble actual marble, however are a synthetic resin that sets you back a lot less than actual marble.
Some neat points to find out about cultured marble (cultured onyx and cultured granite too):.
– They are an actors polymer product. The synthetic material is liquefied and also the product poured into a mold to develop your top/and or sink. It is a nonporous surface area, so it stands up to stains and mold.
– Typically can be found in a gloss coating (a gel is used in the production procedure for this), yet these tops can be gotten with a flat finish to simulate solid surface products like Corian, at a fraction of the cost.
– They can be ordered with sinks constructed (or formed) right in. These kinds of sinks care called indispensable (versus drop-in sinks or self-rimming sinks). If you have a belt-sander as well as are handy, you can set up cultured marble kitchen counters yourself.
– Are very easy to maintain clean (but make sure to never use a rough cleanser on them).
– Come in a broad array of colors and marbling (although the exact shade as well as marble – or veining – pattern could not be assured since each top is separately made).
– Come in several styles and patterns. The veining in cultured marble counter tops is always varied, but your top doesn’t need to also be veined. Tops can be a strong shade, two-toned, onyx, or granite looking. Obtain a cultured marble vanity top with a different colored integral dish for a significant effect.